Running is one of the fastest growing sports. Your iPhone can help keep a record of your runs, provide vocal feedback while you’re training, and play inspiring music if you slow down. Here are the 4 best Apps to help you get into shape
One of the most popular fitness apps. Join over 17 million people who are using RunKeeper to turn their phone into a personal trainer in their pocket! Track your runs, walks, bike rides, hikes, and more using the GPS in your iPhone.
Track your fitness activities and have fun doing it
– See detailed stats around your pace, distance, and time.
– Get stats, progress, and coaching through your headphones with built-in audio cues.
– Listen and control your music while you work out.
– Measure your heart rate with many available sensors.
– Take pictures along the way to share and save while you go.
Nike+ Running (Free)
The most popular running app on iTunes just got even more motivating. Now you can add friends and see how you stack up. Keep tabs on who’s logging the most runs and miles, then get out there and beat them.
– From the trail to the treadmill, your iPhone’s GPS and accelerometer accurately record your distance, pace, and time.
– In-run audio feedback lets you know these metrics at every mile, so you can stay focused on your run.
– Share your run with friends over Facebook and Twitter
Map My Run (£0.69)
This app makes training fun and simple, and has helped keep thousands of runners on track to meet their goals or finish their upcoming race.
Whether you’re a couch to 5K type or a Boston qualifier, this app has a training plan to keep you on track.
Runtastic Pro (£0.69)
Runtastic PRO GPS Coach is your personal tracking app and all-in-one exercise app for running, biking and other outdoor and indoor sports activities.
– Voice feedback during a workout: Get audio feedback for each mile or kilometer
– Live tracking: Show your friends and family where you are
– iPod integration: Listen to your music while you are training
– Power song: Activate your power song to give your workout a boost
– Cheering: Hear cheers and receive messages live from your friends and be motivated to go even further